We filmed our Orientation Day on August 7th 2020
Director of Student Support Services Jan Bakken only needs 4 swift minutes to give you the information you need.
Our school nurse Charlotte Zeeberg tells you everything you need to know about COVID-19 and other health topics
Interested in sports and after-school activities? Watch our team’s 1-minute video below
Please read this
Principal's welcome letter: New Student Orientation on August 7th and much more
Dear High School students and families,
Welcome to Copenhagen International School and specifically to the High School. I am very happy to welcome you to CIS and our community and I am looking forward to meeting you.
As you know we will hold our New Student Orientation event before the students begin school and new parents are also most warmly invited.
Date: Friday 7 August
Location: CIS Theater (Floor 0), in the corridor leading from the cafeteria
Time: 11:15- 12:15
Focus for the orientation session
Orientation is a time for you to get to know more about the school, our programmes and for your son/daughter to meet our curriculum coordinators, counselors, grade level coordinators and other new students. Our focus is on the ‘nuts and bolts’ of the High School and understanding some key pieces, including the schedule, Advisory and expectations. In addition, we have returning students who will help orientate your son/daughter.
The session will begin together in the Theatre and then parents and students will separate for a tour of key learning spaces and time for them to ask questions. This is a great opportunity for them to begin to build connections and friendships with others.
First day of school
The first day of school is Wednesday 12 August and school starts at 08:30. We will begin with assembly followed by time in Advisory class (homeroom) and grade level activities.
Information about High School can be found in the Family Handbook accessible via the school website, and you should make yourselves familiar with this document.
Further useful information
- The school day runs from 08:30 to 15:30. For grade 11 and grade 12 students there can be an extra block running from 8:00 to 8:30 for the Higher Level subjects only. This is used at teacher discretion and we will not have this block on the first day of school.
- On Wednesdays we dismiss students at the same time though lessons are ten minutes shorter at 80 minutes. This gives us time for Advisory class.
- The High School operates as an open campus for all students. This means that at lunch and break times students can leave school. Additionally, grade 11 and 12 students are only expected to be at school when they have a class scheduled.
- The High School will run a Back to School Night in August during which parents are invited to meet the teachers and learn more about the High School and the courses that will be taken through the year. The date and time have yet to be confirmed and more information will be sent out in August.
- High School Social Overnights: all HS students take part in Social Overnight field trips at the beginning of the year with the main aim of building a strong grade level community. The students travel to different parts of Denmark and take part in a range of activities, leaving on Thursday 27 August and returning to Copenhagen on Friday 28 August. It is important that students are equipped for changeable weather and for outdoor activities.
High School Office
The High School office can be found on Floor 4 of the High School tower. Mete Trock-Jansen, the High School Administrative Coordinator, can be also reached by phone +45 3964 3309 or email at email@example.com for any further assistance.
Thank you for choosing CIS as your school community and I look forward to meeting each of you. If you have questions, please feel free to contact me by phone (+45 3964 3308) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
High School Principal
What do we need to buy/bring school?
Equipment List for high school
- Laptop (PC or MAC)*
- Pens, pencils, ruler, protractor etc
- Graphic Display calculator for maths. For specific models click here
- PE Kit
*Requirements for BYOD (Bring your own device):
- Screen size: min 11 inches
- Hard drive: 128GB
- Operating System: Windows 10, Mac OS High Sierra 10.13. Must support English
- Max 5 years old
Parent-to-parent: The Buddy Programme and the parent communication platform
Dear new family,
On behalf of the Parent Teacher Association Committee, welcome to Copenhagen International School and Copenhagen. Our role is to welcome new families and help them to settle into life here. We know that moving to a new community can be daunting and we aim to help make the transition as smooth as possible.
Before you start school there are some ways in which we can help.
We offer a Buddy Programme, where we link incoming families with an existing Copenhagen International School family who can answer any queries you may have about the school and life in Copenhagen in general.
If you are interested in having a buddy family please fill out this form.
We use a GDPR compliant communication tool called Classlist. You can request to join using this link.
We also organise various events throughout the year such as the Parent and Staff Social, Ladies’ Night and Dads’ Club and details of these will be posted on Classlist.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at any time using this link. We will be happy to help you and your family settle into your new community
We look forward to meeting you and your family.
Copenhagen International School Parent Teacher Association
The Parent Teacher Association uses Classlist to communicate with our families. Click here to sign up to Classlist.
Our Family Handbook
Everything you need to know can be found in our extensive Family Handbook