We welcome learners from all over the world
Activity Camp (age 4-7)
Art Camp (age 8-12)
Digital Camp (age 8-12)
English Camp (age 8-12)
Get ready for an action-packed summer at Copenhagen International School. All adventurers welcome.
Join us this summer for our best Summer Camp yet, filled with discovery, friendship and new experiences. Our summer school is open to all children, including our own students, students from other schools and children visiting Denmark and the Copenhagen area.
At CIS Summer Camp, your child will explore a range of immersive learning experiences, all uniquely designed by our world-renowned IB teachers. Our qualified educators are dedicated to ensuring that your child will have an enjoyable and enriching experience with plenty of opportunities to make new friends, learn new skills, have lots of fun and stay healthy during the first two weeks of the summer holidays.
From little adventurers, through to science whizz-kids, CIS Summer Camp has something for every child.
Join us for an unforgettable experience here on the waterside in Copenhagen!
Registration now open!
Our summer school 2022 will run for two weeks. The classes will not be taught as a continuation from one week to the other, so you can sign up for the first week, the last week or both weeks.
- Week 1: June 20th – June 24th 2022
- Week 2: June 27th – July 1st 2022
Registration now open!
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with Aleksandra Achiam at summer[at]cis.dk or +45 39463346.
Play based activities for our littlest learners, designed to inspire creativity, independence, and curiosity.
Activity Camp is designed to provide playful learning experiences for Pre-K children. Each day, children will explore new skills and activities designed to stimulate their imagination and creative thinking.
What happens at Activity Camp?
From arts and crafts, through to music, science and cooking: there’s truly something for every little camper.
One day each week, we’ll also explore our local community for even a more diverse and immersive learning experience. Weather permitting, our little campers will also be able to enjoy our very popular Water Splash and Play Day.
We have a similar structure each day, but each day will be different depending on what activities we plan, what the weather is like, what trips we take, and so on. We also want the participants to be happy so we will have group discussions to find out what they want their days to look like.
All meals are included in the cost of each week.
“We usually have activities pre-planned, but sometimes we like to be spontaneous, especially if the kids have a strong desire to do a certain activity. This is summer camp, after all, it’s about having fun! “ — Sarai, last year’s Camp Leader
Teacher: Julia Andrei
Set your creativity free with daily arts, crafts, dance, theatre, photography, music and film. The ideal choice for any campers looking to have fun through creative play.
Creativity camp is a unique opportunity to experiment with a range of visual mediums. Learn to play and explore your way through drawing, painting and sculpture making to find your own unique style and expression!
What happens at Creativity Camp?
Think fun and art…and lots of it!
Our experienced Creativity Camp leader will guide you through all the theory and practical skills you need to create your own mini masterpieces!
This is a fun-filled workshop that will give you a feel for many different forms of creativity, from visual arts right through to getting creative in the kitchen!
Some of the mediums you may cover are (are you ready…?)
….sketching, water colours, simple printmaking techniques, 3D recycled waste sculptures, plaster work, charcoal work, pastels, along with a great introduction to baking and sewing.
And don’t worry if you’ve never done anything creative before. Creativity camp is perfect for complete beginners as well as more experienced campers.
Teacher: Cynthia Hule
Dive into all things Scratch Programming. If you’re into coding (or want to be!), then this is the perfect camp for you.
Exploration Camp is the ultimate summer learning event for lovers of digital exploration. Each day will see our explorers immerse themselves into hands-on learning experiences, designed to challenge them…and of course, have fun! In this camp, students will learn the basics of s Scratch programming language designed for children. They will complete projects with fun and engaging activities from day one, and develop their own animated stories, music videos and video games!
What happens at Coding Camp Camp?
Exploration is the name of the game. Each day will cover a different theme and skill set, from coding right through to game design. Explorers will work on understanding how to think creatively to guide and conduct their learning. Excitement and entertainment are guaranteed, as participants will work to design and launch their own explorative Scratch Programming masterpieces.
- Day 1: The basics: Use of basic code blocks to become familiar with the interface, explore the tools and create a small project. A possible outcome of the first day could be animating the letters of your name.
- Day 2: Story project: Introduction of a second level of code blocks. A common outcome for the day is for each student to develop your own animated story using multiple characters and special effects
- Day 3: Music video project: The students will create their own music videos with use of code blocks related to synchronization, conditionals, variables and background changes.
- Day 4: Video game project: The students will create a video game with an instruction screen on how to play the game, fully developed user controls, two or more levels, variables to track game-related outcomes (such as points and health counter)
- Day 5: Catching up with previous projects or individual choice of fun projects
The sky truly is the limit!
Teacher: Virginia Chalkiadaki
Sharpen your English skills with some of the best teachers around. In this two week camp, you can expect to gain confidence and fluency, all while making new friends.
What is the Intensive English Camp?
We invite you to join us on an exploration of the English language through games, songs, conversation, art, reading and writing. This no pressure, fun-filled camp is specifically designed to help you take your English to the next level!
Each day is uniquely tailored to your goals and needs, but you should expect to walk away from your summer experience with a newfound confidence and lots of new friends.
We know that your summer is a time to relax and have fun, so we’ve designed this camp to help you do just that. We’ll discuss movies, cook (and eat!), listen to music and so much more. This is all the things you love to do, but with a learning twist.
Some example activities at English Camp:
For our younger students…
- Introduction day- talking about yourself, creating a diary/journal.
- Baking day- discuss what to bake, write recipe, bake, reflect
- Performance planning- write story in groups, make accessories for story, practice performance.
- Performance day/free choice- students rehearse one more time and then perform for each other, after they can do any activity they missed or didn’t have time for.
For our older students…
- Discussing books and creating unique stories
- Writing and talking about our backgrounds and our life in Denmark
- Role playing activities to develop speaking skills
- …and much, much more!
Teacher: Farina Marriott
The summer school will take place at our purpose-built state-of-the art sustainable building at in Copenhagen, housing some of the best educational facilities in town.
What are the costs?
Summer Camp costs 3000 DKK per week.
Morning fruits, lunch and an afternoon snack are included in the price
- Parents/Guardians will receive an e-mail containing a payment link within a week of registration.
- Please double check that the e-mail address you provide during registration is correct.
- A student is not registered for the Summer Program until the payment has reached us.
- If you cancel after having paid, you will not receive a refund.
- If classes are undersubscribed and we have to cancel, we will give you a full refund.
The program will run from 09:00 – 15:00 from Monday to Friday
Each Monday students are required to meet up by the reception area between 08:30 – 08:45 for registration.
Before school and after school care will be available on Tuesday-Friday from 08:00 – 09:00 and 15:00 – 16:00 free of charge.
When to arrive, pick up and leave school?
Each Monday students are required to meet up by the reception area between 08:00 – 08:45 for registration.
Picking up your child
You should arrange for your child to be picked up from the school’s Reception area at 15:00 unless you signed up your child for after school care.
Only children with recorded parent permission will be allowed to leave by themselves when classes are dismissed. Permission is given on the sign-up form.
Leaving school premises
No one will be allowed to leave the school during the normal operation of the Summer School day. If a student needs to leave early during the classes, the parent and the students are to meet at the Reception Area for pick up.
What about food, clothing and sports gear?
Students will be offered lunch in our cafeteria and fruits/snacks will be available in the breaks to all students in the program. Please bring a water bottle.
Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions, and bear in mind that there are some painting activities.
Please make sure that you bring the appropriate clothing for use in the gym. For sport please bring a T-shirt, shorts and socks and a clean pair of sports shoes for use in the gym. Outdoor sports shoes should also be brought. A water bottle is recommended.
Code of Conduct
The summer school is meant to be fun and enjoyable. It is in everyone’s interest for this to be a success. Any conduct which disrupts the enjoyment of others will be dealt with as follows:
- First there will be a verbal warning given by the summer school coordinators.
- A second incident will mean that we ask your child not to return for the remainder of the summer school. NO REFUND will be given in such a case.
Smoking and the consumption of alcohol are prohibited in the school.
“We want learning to be meaningful and purposeful and something that provokes curiosity to further the desire to know something. For me personally, experimentation has brought so much joy, that you don’t see it as learning because you’re so engaged in it, you’re just in the moment, you’re in flow.” – Andy, Previous Camp Leader